At FUJIFILM Canada we don’t just capture memories, we preserve them. The FUJIFILM Photo Gift Lab allows consumers the unique ability to build high quality customized personalized printed products and preserve those memories in unique ways. Whether it is a calendar of your newborn or a beautiful wedding book, it is all custom, personalized and designed entirely by the end consumer.
This is an opportunity to play a fundamental role in a fast-paced and exciting environment developing systems to drive the Photo Gift Lab into the future. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Photofinishing business unit as it relates to the FUJIFILM Photo Gift Lab.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain systems to integrate with third party providers and fulfillers.
- Integrate with new and existing customers through various protocols and architectures (SOAP/REST).
- Attend both internal and external meetings related to new business & integration, marketing, and operations as required.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain next-generation, end-to-end software systems for the FUJIFILM Photo Gift Lab.
- Develop scalable and highly available architecture and bring legacy products up to those standards.
- Design and Build functional services using API Driven architecture.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
Senior Digital Electronics Developer - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
FUJILFILM VisualSonics, Inc. VisualSonics is a rapidly growing biomedical company and the world leader in developing high-resolution ultrasound devices for small animal research. VisualSonics offers a pleasant and progressive work environment with a competitive benefits package. We support a strong and dedicated team of individuals who are focused on continually innovating our product offering, servicing our customers, and supporting each other's efforts to sustain our competitive advantage. FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc. is based in Toronto, Canada.
Reporting to the manager of electronics, the Sr. Digital Electronics Developer will be responsible for the design and development of electronics modules and subsystems, including specification, prototyping, performance test and verification and product release. Capable of applying innovative problem solving skills to reach the market quickly, the Sr. Digital Electronics Developer is a key member of a fast growing research and development team, and will be considered the subject matter expert in this functional area.
The incumbent will embrace the VisualSonics’ core values:
- Merit and performance based recognition and advancement
- Build value for customers and investors.
- Innovation without ego
- Relentlessly seek continuous improvement opportunities
- Achieve results with a sense of urgency
- Find how we can, not why we can’t
- We value a profitable growing company; growth creates opportunities, profitallows pursuit of opportunities
- We are intolerant of bureaucracy that adds no value to our customers
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the design of electronic subsystems according to specifications for prototypes and production versions in all phases from concept and specification and prototyping to system integration, validation, and handover to Manufacturing.
- Prepare specifications for VisualSonics products and prototypes in particular, electronics subsystems.
- Participate in review of Product Specifications for electronic subsystems.
- Participate in prototyping, and feasibility assessment of utilizing new technologies for the product development team.
- Develop the corresponding firmware for the electronic subsystems.
- Develop standard interfaces for software.
- Ensure the electrical boards comply with requirements of the overall system.
- Ensure designs are reliable, easy to manufacture and of the lowest cost.
- Assist in testing and evaluating prototypes.
- Provide documentation for all designs and design processes, including electronic design description documentation, schematics, layouts and Bills of Materials.
- Assist management in hiring process of new team members by providing technical evaluation/assessment of applicant’s skills as required.
- Ensure that all systems meet appropriate levels of regulatory compliance.
- Comply with current VisualSonics process development requirements and associated documents.
- Working effectively in collaboration with other members of the department, or with managers and staff across the organization.
- Complying with all legal requirements, all corporate policies and procedures, and with generally accepted business and ethical practices.
- Provide leadership by example through adherence to VSI core values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital electronic design
- Experience with FPGA components and vendors.
- Experience with DDR3 or DDR4 memory designs.
- Experience with PCI-E Gen3 designs.
- Good understanding of digital signal processing and system analysis principles.
- Experience in ultrasound or other medical imaging systems and knowledge of imaging applications is an asset.
- Experience in ISO environment is desirable.
- Proficient in schematic capture and to follow the board through fabrication, parts procurement and testing.
- Printed circuit board layout.
- Mixed signal design an asset.
- Source control software such as Git or SVN
- FPGA experience an asset
- Experience of using Altium for board development an asset
- Design skills in other areas of electronics would be a desirable
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership skills to drive projects and initiatives
- Project management skills is desirable
- PC experience in Windows environment with MS Office applications
- Willingness to continuously research and study technologies in area of responsibility
- Assertiveness to drive and execute project plans
- Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmlyand effectively under pressure from time constraints and deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently or as a team player
- Proven ability to mentor less experienced staff
- Excellent attention to detail, perseverance and follow-up
- Positive professional attitude, wanting to learn from new and challengingopportunities
The above information on this job description and specification has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Product Manager, Medical Equipment/Mammography is responsible for being the internal subject matter expert and managing the development and execution of internal market-specific product, sales tools, and communications. This position launches products with a cross-functional team, and proactively communicates plans/activities throughout organization and manages the product lifecycle.
- Effectively manage technically complex product lines to achieve defined business objectives. Manages lifecycle of product and provides input into next generation products.
- Responsible for managing product launches within Canada.
- Developing the price strategy, product forecasting, assisting in the development of marketing materials, system configuration, and roll-out plan.
Gathering Market Insight/Intel
- Embrace continuous feedback and product input from our sales force, both direct and our channel partners.
- Work with customers and potential customers to gather feedback on how to improve and extend our offerings and solve customer problems.
- Includes why to choose Fujifilm solutions and how to adopt fully to retain customer base.
- Develop pricing analysis, demand forecasting, and track opportunities and sales.
- Lead trade-show planning and works with cross-functional teams to ensure product configuration, delivery and presentation to ensure messaging is successfully conveyed.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications team on promotional plans, sell sheet creation and maintenance; and other product-based communications that differentiates our products in the market.
- Work with Marketing and Sales Support teams in Canada and the U.S to develop compelling RFP and presentation materials to effectively articulate our value proposition.
- Comply with all applicable Health Canada medical device regulatory requirements, standard requirements and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards.