Associate Graphic Designer (1 Year, Contract) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
FUJILFILM VisualSonics, Inc. VisualSonics is a rapidly growing biomedical company and the world leader in developing high-resolution ultrasound devices for small animal research. VisualSonics offers a pleasant and progressive work environment with a competitive benefits package. We support a strong and dedicated team of individuals who are focused on continually innovating our product offering, servicing our customers, and supporting each other's efforts to sustain our competitive advantage. FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc. is based in Toronto, Canada.
Associate Graphic Designer (1 year contract) role as part of a dynamic marketing team. This position will support the department’s digital marketing strategy in a highly collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate is a positive, proactive, energetic individual that works well in a team setting and is able to convert concepts and messaging into compelling design assets for various channels. Must be able to rely on own set of user-centric design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across multiple contexts and platforms. Excels at translating data and insights into graphical/video elements, to create simple yet compelling communication materials according to FUJIFILM VisualSonics branding requirements. Efficient multi-tasker that can juggle and deliver multiple projects within set timelines.
- Collaborates with members of the marketing team (NA and Europe) to create visually appealing on-brand and innovative graphics on various projects including (but not limited to) ads, trade show booth and banners, posters, infographics, spec sheets, web graphics, presentations, email banners and other promotional materials for online and print use.
- Works closely with application scientists and marketing manager to create online tutorial videos for our customers on the Learning Hub including filming, editing and producing.
- Manages multiple projects and assets across various channels including website, social media, online and offline channels.
- Takes wireframe, design briefs as well as whiteboard drawings and translate them into materials that achieve the intended objectives/goals.
- Actively participates in team brainstorming on how to best showcase products and services to motivate the desired sales/marketing behavior.
- Supports other marketing related projects as they arise.
- Manages small photoshoots in and around the office and sometimes off-site as needed.
- Manages the Social Media calendar and creates graphics for posting on our social media channels: Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter Youtube and Instagram.
- Organizes and updates graphics/video assets on the network.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in design, marketing, digital communications or related field.
Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years minimum experience with graphic design.
- Must have strong proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign CC, Acrobat and Illustrator, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects and MS Office
- Experience in video production (filming and editing)
- Experience planning and managing a variety of social media platforms
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, utilize sound judgement, and work with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative to identify & resolve problems, and improve work environment
- Good team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, culturally diverse and collaborative environment
- In addition to your resume, please send a portfolio of your work that demonstrates the above abilities.