Engineering Technician Summer Internship (4 months) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
FUJILFILM VisualSonics, Inc. VisualSonics is a rapidly growing biomedical company and the world leader in developing high-resolution ultrasound devices for small animal research. VisualSonics offers a pleasant and progressive work environment with a competitive benefits package. We support a strong and dedicated team of individuals who are focused on continually innovating our product offering, servicing our customers, and supporting each other's efforts to sustain our competitive advantage. FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc. is based in Toronto, Canada.
Under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Electrical Hardware Development, the Engineering Technician - Intern will be responsible for supporting the corporate wide engineering and quality mandates, and will work closely with the Electrical / Hardware Engineering teams. Key responsibilities include assisting in the creation / update / review of design / requirement / assembly documentation, assembly of mechanical / electrical components and systems.
- Creating / updating assembly procedures and design documentation.
- Assist in the assembly of systems and sub-systems, which can include mechanical / hardware, and electrical assembly.
- In a timely fashion, report any variances from the target completion date of the tasks, or that the tasks cannot be completed.
- Analyze results and defect data to identify problematic areas.
- Work effectively in collaboration with staff across the organization.
- Other duties as directed by Electrical Hardware Development Sr. Manager or Senior Management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Completed or in-process of completing a post-secondary degree / diploma in engineering (electrical/mechanical engineering) or a related discipline would be desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English).
- Experience using oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Experience using network and/or spectrum analyzers is a plus.
- Familiarity with product development methodology, including specification, design, prototyping.
- Ability to multi task, plan and execute activities and projects.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft family of products (Word / Excel).
- Ability to quickly understand and then utilize new software packages.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and wiring schematics.
- Familiarity with mechanical assembly.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team of professionals.
- Ability to respond to urgent situations appropriately by prioritization.
- Ability to follow-up with individuals without guidance.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail is essential.
The above information on this job description and specification has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.