Senior Technical Writer - Toronto, Ontario, Canada (FUJIFILM VisualSonics, Inc.)
FUJILFILM VisualSonics, Inc. VisualSonics is a rapidly growing biomedical company and the world leader in developing high-resolution ultrasound devices for small animal research. VisualSonics offers a pleasant and progressive work environment with a competitive benefits package. We support a strong and dedicated team of individuals who are focused on continually innovating our product offering, servicing our customers, and supporting each other's efforts to sustain our competitive advantage. FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc. is based in Toronto, Canada.
Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Technical Writer will be responsible for developing and writing all the customer facing and internal documents. Key responsibilities include creation, review and editing of user documentation, marketing documentation, requirement/design documentation and assembly documentation.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revision.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or VSI personnel.
- Confer with engineering personnel, customer representatives (marketing/apps) or other vendors to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- In a timely fashion, report any variances from the target completion date of the tasks, or that the tasks cannot be completed.
- Work effectively in collaboration with staff across the organization.
- Other duties as directed by Project Manager or Senior Management.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven knowledge of MadCap Flare content authoring tool
- 5+ years experience using MadCap Flare software for technical content
- Completed or in-process of completing a post-secondary degree / diploma / certificate in computer science, engineering, technical writing or a related discipline would be desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of product development methodology, including specification, design, prototyping, system integration and validation.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft family of products (Word / Excel).
- Ability to quickly understand and then utilize new software packages.
- Must be willing to learn and gain experience in ultrasound software and imaging applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team of professionals.
- Ability to respond to urgent situations appropriately by prioritization.
- Ability to leverage relationships across other departments.
- Ability to follow-up with individuals without guidance.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail is essential.