Senior Director, Research & Development - Toronto, Ontario, Canada (FUJIFILM VisualSonics, Inc.)
FUJILFILM VisualSonics, Inc. VisualSonics is a rapidly growing biomedical company and the world leader in developing high-resolution ultrasound devices for small animal research. VisualSonics offers a pleasant and progressive work environment with a competitive benefits package. We support a strong and dedicated team of individuals who are focused on continually innovating our product offering, servicing our customers, and supporting each other's efforts to sustain our competitive advantage. FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc. is based in Toronto, Canada.
The Sr. Director of R&D leads the development team responsible for the VisualSonics product line. These products are designed to support the needs of medical researchers advancing ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging techniques. The product line serves both pre-clinical and clinical research applications and must comply with applicable regulatory standards. Key to the success of the products is a high level of innovation and speed of development. The Sr. Director position leads a team of software, hardware, mechanical, and ultrasound system designers, as well as specialized high frequency ultrasound design and process engineers.
- Lead the development of next generation research product platforms with industry leading performance.
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative features meeting new researcher needs.
- Drive global and US market user research and prototyping.
- Work closely with VSI Product Management and global sales force to manage near term product tactical releases and long term product strategy.
- Identify and share insights around new innovation opportunities that will help maintain and grow our position.
- Manage quality systems for product development compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and advance High Frequency Transducer and System technology capabilities, innovative imaging methodologies and complete solutions for researcher needs as key competitive differentiators.
- Attract and maintain a strong, highly capable, and well coordinated team.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven leadership experiencing setting the vision for and managing operations of engineering teams in dynamic environments. Experience leading teams of researchers, designers, and engineers and balancing priorities and objectives is essential.
- 12+ years of experience in high performance ultrasound or similar medical device development. Proven experience leading engineering teams in world class companies.
- Track record of developing and delivering products which advance the state of art contributing toward market leadership.
- Extensive experience in developing and managing technology strategy and associated product strategies and plans.
- Strong experience in leading multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams addressing difficult and technical challenges.
- Hands on management experience in solving complex system design and fundamental boundaries of currently available technologies.
- Experience in developing exceptional workflow solutions to enable customer productivity.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Broad and deep applicable technology understanding.
- Clear strategic vision and ability to translate into tactical plans.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Highly autonomous and self directed - able to effectively lead development site.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective personal management practices and ability to build a strongly motivated team.
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.